Jilàsi for Youth Regatta
September 22nd, 2018
Broad Reach Foundation expresses sincere gratitude to all who made our inaugural Jilàsi for Youth Regatta a resounding success!
Our regatta was in honour of our 20th Anniversary, the 5,000 youth we have engaged during that time, and the gift of Jilàsi, a beautifully restored Rhodes Offshore 40 that was recently donated, with great generosity, to Broad Reach by Ms. Marlys Edwardh, C.M. and Dr. Graham Turrall.
All sail boats and crew were invited to participate in fun and excitement and twelve have sailed – not bad for our first one!
On Shore Activities
After the race there was food and beverage, music with DJ, Jeff Chalmers, silent auction, pictures, ice cream and Awards.
Two trophies were presented:
- The Hans Marius Fogh Memorial Trophy was awarded to Mischief, skipped by Uri Sacks and crewed among others by the young and nimble Emelia who went up the mast to retrieve a lose halyard. Congratulations!
- The Broad Reach Foundation Jilàsi for Youth Trophy was awarded by Marlys Edwrdh C. M. and Dr. Graham Turrall to the beautiful boat and crew of Catchacoma II skipped by John Lever and crewed by several Lever family members. An amazing family and most generous team. Thank you and congratulations!
If you would like to make additional contribution for the Broad Reach Foundation, please visit today before the link is closed EOD 23 September:
Fifteen crews registered, 13 raced. All are winners because of what they have raced for: to help kids.
Still, official results came in and here they are:
- Mischief (start 1324; finish 15:04.22; elapsed time: 2:04.22)
- Star Chaser (start 1323; finish 15:35.56; elapsed time 2:35.56)
- Blurrr (start 1321; finish 15:37.45; elapsed time 2:37.45)
- Enigma (start 13:09.30; finish 15:40.13; elapsed time 2:40.13)
- Marilea (start 13:02.30; finish 15:44.54; elapsed time 2:44.54)
- Marabelle (start 1307; finish 15:57.48; elapsed time 2:57.48)
- Catchacoma II (start 1316; finish 16:03.46; elapsed time 3:08.48)
- Maxxxx (start 1316; finish 16:08.46; elapsed time 3:11.46)
- Chicane RET
- Liberté RET
- Corinolan DNF
- Jilàsi DNF
- Scalliwag DNF
- Waterford II DNC (crew from that boat actually raced on Catchacoma II)
More photos coming soon! Gratitude.